Two scholarships of $1,500 each to be awarded to a Seminole County High School student meeting the following criteria:
- Currently attending a High School in Seminole County
- Currently living within the 32765 or 32766 area code
- Graduating in Senior Class of 2022
- Showing academic achievement with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Exhibiting special interest, as well as demonstrating accomplishment, specifically in History
- Pursuing a secondary education (preference given to those with History or Social Studies Education as a major/minor, though it’s not a requirement)
- Intending to attend a college or university located in the State of Florida (no exceptions)
Applications may be submitted in one of two ways.
1. Applicants may mail application packets for review by the Scholarship Committee to the following address:
Oviedo Historical Society Scholarship Committee
PO Box 620841
Oviedo FL 32762-0841
2. Applicants may submit their applications physically to Connor DiMatteo during any Farmers Market before the application deadline.
POSTMARKED ON OR BEFORE MARCH 31, 2022
Scholarship Review and Winners Announcement
The scholarship committee will review all completed applications postmarked on or before March 31, 2022. The committee will notify all applicants of their application receipt via email by April 5, 2022. Please note that incomplete applications (i.e. applications not completed in accordance with the above specifications) and applications postmarked after March 31, 2022 will not be reviewed by the committee.
The scholarship will be awarded on May 7th, 2022 at the Oviedo Farmers Market located at 200 West Broadway Street on the Lawton House grounds.
The winning students will do a presentation on a topic (450 words, approx. 3 minutes in length) at that meeting. The topic is fairly broad in that it must be about some interesting, little-known fact or event in history (preferably Florida history). An Essay Notification form will be sent to the scholarship winner, providing more details, including approved format enhancements.
DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, VENUE
AND PRESENTATION REQUIREMENT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Additionally, a Scholarship Winner Announcement will be provided to the guidance counselor along with the date, time, and location of Oviedo Historical Society’s ceremony. Family, administration, and teachers are all invited to attend.